Open Source or not?
Types of data provided
Temporal and spatial scale of provided data;
Details and Emissions scenarios
Sequence of steps
Not Open source?
Downscaled data: BCSD, BCCA.
BCSD - Bias Correction/Spatial Downscaling
BCCA - Bias Correction/Constructed Analogs
|- raw GCM data at 2 degrees
- downscaled GCM data at approx. 12km
- observed data at 2 degrees
- summary statistics for a chosen area
- 1/8 degree BCCA projections
- 1/8 degree obs data
- Monthly BCSD hydrology projections
- mean surface air temperature
- precip - mean daily rate during each month
- Tmax, Tmin
- hydrological variables
- 1/8 lat-lon, or approx. 12km
|- Monthly data
- Daily data
- contiguous U.S. plus portions of southern Canada and northern Mexico
- 16 CMIP3 models for BCSD
- 9 models for BCCA – 2046-2065 and 2081 -2100.
- 20th century and A2, B1, A1b emissions scenarios
|- Variables; emissions scenarios; models and runs; time period; area or location; analysis; output format; additional data products; notification; usage information.
netCDF or ASCII text, csv
|- Analyses available including – period mean, period StDev, spatial mean, spatial StDev.
- Allows for ensemble approach
- Narrative about how does the method compare with other downscaling methods